The Competent Authority (GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB SCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT LAHORE) has taken a serious view of incident of collapse of school wall in which a student died in Bahawalpur . In this regards strict instructions are issued from Vide No. DD(M)/Security Measures/20I7 Dated Lahore, November 10, 2017.
All Head of Govt. & Private Institutes are directed to follow the SOPS as under.
- The dangerous school buildings must not be used for any activity involving students. Students should not be allowed to enter into all such buildings. These dangerous public & private school buildings may be repaired / reconstructed on top priority basis.
- The electric wiring and electric motor pumps of the schools must be maintained properly and there should be no risk of any electric short circuit etc.
- t must be ensured that drinking water in the schools is not contaminated. The water tanks should be properly covered and maintained to avoid any risk of contamination / dengue virus.
- The schools employing transport for students must obtain a Fitness Certificate of the vehicles. It must be ensured that all school vehicles are in good condition and safe for travelling.
- Safe exit of students at the time of closing of schools must be ensured. For the purpose of safe exit, a teacher must be deployed on gate daily basis.
All Heads of Govt. & Private Institutes are directed for strict compliance of instructions issued from SED Lahore. Strict action will be taken in case of non-compliance or any mishap.
Download attached Security of School Buildings Letter issued from SED Lahore.